The Australian Trellis Door Company (ATDC) has successfully installed its double walled extruded aluminium security roller shutters at Centenary Park Pavilion, a Glen Eira City Council managed property in Melbourne’s Bentleigh East.
ATDC’s security roller shutters were specified by Mantric Architecture and were installed over both doorways and windows to the Pavilion as both a security device and also as a means to protect the glass windows from the possibility of being damaged through impact from balls from the sports ground.
Mantric Architecture had certain complying requirements before specifying ATDC’s RS3 shutters. The RS3 was capable of meeting all Mantric’s requirements as listed below:
- They had to provide maximum strength and durability; the shutters are a double wall extrusion with a 44mm blade and heavy duty extruded side rails to contain and secure the shutters.
- The security roller shutters had to have the slimmest possible overhead pelmet boxes.
- Shutters installed on corners were to have removeable corner mullions.
- They had to be electronically operated with group controls to permit multiple shutters to operate sequentially in banks or individually.
- For access control purposes, these shutters had to have the ability to interface with Council’s internal computer security system enabling their connection to the system management software used by Council.
- The shutters needed to be powder coated to match the colour scheme of the aluminium window frames at the Pavilion (For further information on the RS3’s technical features see ATDC’s website).
ATDC security roller shutters have been widely specified on Council Pavilions across Victoria for the very reasons listed in the abovementioned paragraph. They are also suitable for securing commercial and industrial applications, retail shopfronts and shopping centres, banks, medical centres, reception areas, canteens, bar counters, commercial and government buildings. They are also ideal for securing residential properties particularly for windows, sliding doors, French doors and patio doors.